Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Finding Our Place in His Story

So i read a quote today that struck me.....

"We are lonesome animals. We spend all our life trying to be less lonesome. One of our ancient methods is to tell a story begging the listener to say - and to feel - Yes, that's the way it is, or at least that's the way I feel it. You are not as alone as you thought."
- John Steinbeck

I am not sure of Steinbeck's theology....but his thoughts resonate with what I find true of most of us. People are very lonely, even in our 'connected' generation (facebook anyone?). It's nice to feel normal, it's nice to know I am not alone!

How about you? are you connected? or are you surrounded but on your own little island of isolation?

One of those light bulbs moments was when I realized that my story is part of an even bigger story! No more meaningless....no more loneliness. What about you.....what role has God played in your story up until now?

1 Comments:

Anonymous jason malec said...

We quoted that in the starting point book... Nice!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home